If none of these positions match what you are looking for, send an email to email@example.com to find out if there are more positions available.
Director of Communications & Engagement (DCE). La Puente is our community’s response to address the effects of poverty by providing a safety net of services, where individuals and families get what they need to stabilize, heal, strengthen, and ultimately thrive. Seeking DCE who will lead/manage a team to engage the community through presentations, publications, special events, public relations, social media communications. Seeking self-starter, with strong written oral skills, ability to lead a team. Join our staff of dedicated professionals and learn the joys and satisfaction of helping others. Salary $41-43k DOE. Full benefit package.
To apply please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to La Puente, P.O. Box 1235, Alamosa, CO 81101. Please call 719 589-5909 or visit www.lapuentehome.org for more information.
Community Engagement & Public Relations
- Lead team to develop and manage building relationships with churches, schools, community organizations, civic leaders, and community members to benefit La Puente’s programs and encourage compassion for the people we serve.
- Provide management/guidance for all publications created for and by La Puente, including but not limited to quarterly newsletter, program brochures, and advertising on an as needed basis.
- Lead team to communicate mission, needs, and opportunities through mediums that include local media, newspaper, photography, website management, social media, and church contact.
- Develop and strengthen La Puente’s mission through the power of story-telling.
- Lead team with regular presentations and other engagements in the community and beyond, including maintaining a speaker’s bureau with additional support from board and staff members.
- Increase knowledge within the community and organization and stay up to date on issues pertaining to poverty, its effects (including homeless and hunger), justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Create presentations that other staff members can use to relate educational awareness and facilitate understanding of poverty issues.
- Facilitate understanding within the community for why La Puente’s programs exist and what they do.
- Lead team to promote partnerships so that community members can engage with La Puente’s mission through volunteering or donations.
- Remain up to date on political and advocacy issues relevant to La Puente’s mission and work closely with community leaders and political leaders to advocate on behalf of La Puente clients and programs.
- Representation of La Puente at community events and relevant public meetings.
- Assist in a proactive approach to misunderstandings with the public
- The CE Director will work with La Puente staff and volunteers to develop and sponsor community events which increase awareness of issues and facilitate partnerships for further relationships with La Puente. The Director of Communications & Engagement will also work closely with the Development Director to facilitate fundraising events, including but not limited to marketing materials, social media advertisement, and event planning and management.
- Attend relevant professional development conferences and workshops
- Provide supervision for staff and full time service volunteers
- Update website and staff resources for further understanding of relevant issues
Attributes of an ideal candidate:
- Values driven
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills including addressing groups.
- Lived experience and / or education with social justice issues, matters of equity, poverty
- Self-starter, and excited to learn, apply, and teach new skills.
- Ability to mentor and coach staff of 3 or more.
- Ability to cultivate and establish strong peer relationships
- Organization and event planning skills
- Demonstrate/cultivate proficiency and professionalism in all representations of La Puente through email, in person, and phone contact with donors and community members.
- Enjoyment of, and ability to tell stories
- Ability to bridge organizations & work together
- Proficient with multiple computer programs or demonstrated ability to learn
LP programs include: (Adobe Creative Suites, Office Suites, WordPress website administration)
Supervisor: La Puente Executive Director, Lance Cheslock
College Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, strong work history with good references, compassionate, flexible, ability to work with a diverse target audience. Willing to work nights, weekends, & some holidays.
Brief Program Description:
Help inspire others to compassion and action while serving in rural Colorado’s beautiful San Luis Valley. Your service will help meet immediate needs and empower people to live independently with dignity. La Puente’s Community Education and Development programs sustain and support our direct services by helping educate others about the work La Puente does in our community and encouraging others to support our efforts by donating their time, money, or goods.
- Promote community understanding and awareness of issues related to poverty by helping to coordinate fundraising and mission awareness opportunities and events.
- Develop high-quality publications to promote the work and impact of La Puente.
- Develop consistent, high-quality, and effective communication on various platforms including the organization’s website, social media, and crowdfunding platforms.
- Act as a resource to the community and organization by acquiring a thorough understanding of social justice issues and advocacy platforms related to La Puente’s mission.
- Build systems and strategies for fund development.
- Graphic design
- Clear and concise writing
- Public speaking
This is an AmeriCorps VISTA position. That means you will be serving a term of one year. Compensation is a living allowance determined by local standards of living. The position is full-time.
To learn more and apply, email email@example.com.
Brief Job Description:
The ERS will be responsible for the reporting and administering of grants related to Covid-19 in conjunction with the case managers at CPR. The ERS will provide individualized service to support participants in building stability during their affected time with the pandemic. This will be accomplished through case management, collaboration with landlords and local court systems. The goal is to assist clients in remaining housed and supported as well as help participants overcome barriers through direct case management, referrals to established services, with warm hand-offs and follow-up, and filling gaps in services where possible.
Position is full-time and reports to the director of CPR.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures timely response to referred participants and that participant information is accurate in data system.
- Reviews housing situation with first time participants and develops specific strategies that match the client’s needs during their time affected by the pandemic.
- Networks and collaborates with area court systems, human services, landlords.
- Maintains relationships with existing landlords and establishes with new landlords and court officials willing to work with this demographic.
- Participate in keeping the policies and procedures manual sections for this program up to date.
- Maintain and update current resource and partner information.
- Consistently meets all agency assigned tasks and outcome goals
- Field inquiries from landlords to provide information on La Puente’s services, listen to their needs and bring them to partners for follow-up.
- Case Management
- Ensures effective service delivery by notifying LP Case Managers of updates on housing situations and income of clients participating
- Follows the process in the Economic Recovery portions of the handbook and suggests changes where gaps are identified, or more effective processes are developed.
- Understands current eviction trends and available resources.
- Knowledge of effective strategies for avoiding eviction
- Knowledge of the work of other organizations working with the same demographic.
- Familiarity with current housing market information and employer base.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Non-profit or related experience preferred.
- 4 year degree required, business or social work preferred
- Experience in a social services setting with working knowledge of case management systems and planning techniques;
- Knowledge of housing related resources, the Department of Local Affairs, Department of Housing, and the Continuum of Care for homeless persons;
- Experience working with individuals at risk of eviction and families a plus;
- Must be proficient in the following computer applications–Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Must meet insurance carrier’s requirements for approval to drive.
If you are interested in this position, email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should be addressed to Callie Adams, Director of CPR.